Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bang Bang!

Yesterday was Hunter Education. And for those of you who don't know what that is its a class where you learn all about guns and safety for hunting.
I have never hunted before. But I remember when I was younger my dad would take my sister, and I would stay home with my mom. We would have tea parties, sleep overs, watch tons of movies, and she would even play barbies with me. haha, yeah I was a girlie girl. But I still begged my dad to take me hunting with him.

Anyways, I took the course online (because its faster that way) it was either taking in fast online or sitting in a classroom for 3 days. But no matter what you still have to attend a Field day, Its pretty much just sitting and going over everything you learned and then shooting a shot gun.

Shooting the shotgun was fun. We had three shots each, I missed the first one, made the second, and missed the last.

I PASSED!

Let me explain why I did this. I live in the south and A LOT of people hunt down here. I never knew there were so many hunters until I started my job. Most of the people I know hunt for ducks and doves but there are still a lot of people who hunt deer too. But its a huge sport (yes hunting it a sport, and believe it or not its also the safest) anyways, Because I've always wanted to go hunting and my boyfriend wants to take me, I had to take this class. When you are 16 or older you have to have a license to hunt and to get that license you have to take this class. So there you go. :)

1 comment:

  1. congrats! :D

    my friend went to hunter education, the classroom version, and she said it was the most boring thing ever.

    i guess she should've been smart like you and take it online. :)

    again, congrats!

    ReplyDelete